New Patient Special
including x-rays (if necessary)
5 Best Chiropractor Recommended Stretching Rules
Have you ever wondered how you can possibly work stretching into your day?
Here are 5 recommended rules from your chiropractor!
On average it takes 21 days to create a habit, and stretching should be one of them! Chiropractors recommend that you aim to form it as a section of your morning routine, during your mid-morning break, or your before bed goal.
It very well could be the most vital and useful exercise. To top it off, stretching happens to be the most cost effective and also the simplest exercise. With no required equipment, clothes, or space anyone can add this into their day!
You may have learned that stretching will increase flexibility, permits for easier movement and promotes stronger balance. However, any chiropractor will also teach you that it will help release neck and back pain, combat muscle soreness, engage relaxation, and help improve spine alignment. A chiropractor will also inform you that it is beneficial for back tension, improving full body circulation, reducing any anxiety, stress, and exhaustion, decreasing the chance of injury, and just as importantly it tunes your mind into your body, naturally!
So, why do the best chiropractors recommend stretching so much?
Stretching helps to condition the muscles preparing every muscle for movement, and making that muscle much for efficient. Would you like to learn more? At your next spine treatment with your chiropractor, request a list of stretches specific to your symptoms and begin to follow these recommended chiropractor rules:
- Make sure your muscles are warmed up before beginning. Five minutes of warming up before should do the trick. A few good warm up ideas are gentle biking or jogging, jumping jacks, lunges, or jumping rope.
- When you begin, do not bob or bounce throughout. Bouncing or bobbing is less effective than merely “holding” the stretch, and can lead to further injuries.
- Make sure to complete each exercise in a gentle, slow, and controlled manner.
- Exhale as you start then relax and breathe as normal during the stretch. Make sure to hold each position for 20-30 seconds. Don’t panic if they feel uncomfortable. They should! You will want to “feel the stretch” within the muscles, but not the joints. You should not experience any acute pain.
- Always complete every stretch for each side of your body or limb within the same means.
When you are creating this new habit, look forward to your body feeling all the benefits and use that as a reward. Whether you are dealing with bad back pain, shoulder pain, or neck pain, stretching is a great starting point.
Do you stretch every day? Let us know below on how this simple exercise has benefited your life! If you would like to learn more, ask your local family chiropractic clinic or chiropractor to show your whole family how to stretch together!