New Patient Special
including x-rays (if necessary)
Dr. Ali's Recommended Pillow!
Sleeping. It’s all something we have to do, and some more then others. However, getting a good night sleep for yourself and your spine is sometimes tricky.
Lots of patients ask Dr. Ali what pillow he recommends for sleeping while they are in for their adjustments. The answer he always gives is a pillow called a Buck Wheat Pillow.
Most of our staff at the clinic use a buckwheat pillow to sleep with, so feel free to ask our personal experiences with them next time you are in!
Benefits of Buck Wheat Pillow
- The buckwheat allows better air circulation because of the buck wheat composition. Therefore making your pillow cooler to sleep on. So no more flipping the pillow to the cool side!
- Since the buckwheat pieces are so small, the pillow can contour to the shape of your neck and spine. Allowing your spine to stay in the correct position throughout the night; instead of it being pushed up and out of alignment from another pillow.
- They can last up to 10 years because they will never lose their shape.
- You can control how firm or soft you want the pillow. If for a couple months you would like your pillow to be more soft just unzip the pillow case and remove some of the buckwheat. You can fill it back up when you would like it more firm.
- The buckwheat can be noisy when you are moving the pillow around. Most people take 2-3 days to get used to the sound and then don’t notice it at all. However, for someone like myself to likes to sleep with background noise, I found the sound of the pillow to be quite therapeutic.
- And as an added bonus, its 100% organic!
We recommend buying your buckwheat pillow here.
However wherever you can find one is perfect!
Next time you are in for your adjustment, feel free to ask about the benefits of a buckwheat pillow!
If you think the pillow you have been sleeping on is causing your spine to move out of alignment, book an examination with Dr. Ali! He can complete a full spinal examination and check your posture to make sure your spine is in tip top shape!